The Objectives of the Great Dane Club of Greater Denver are:
- To encourage and promote the quality in breeding of purebred Great Danes and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
- To encourage the membership to a lifetime responsibility for their Great Danes, their Dane’s offspring; and to the education of others as all are necessary for the protection and advancement of the breed.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club (AKC) as the only standard of excellence by which Great Danes shall be judged and to encourage the study of the standard by breeders, judges, dog show committees and others interested in the advancement of the breed.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dogs shows, field trials and obedience/rally trials.
- To conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows, obedience trials and other events for which the club is eligible under the Rules and Regulations of the American Kennel Club, and to generate publicity on any matter affecting the welfare of the breed.
- To encourage dedication to the health and welfare of the breed.
- To disseminate and promote the ideals and objectives of the GDCA Charitable Trust.
1st Dog Show Tips